Safety Representation (NISO Certificate)
Safety Representation (NISO Certificate) is now available online.
Guidance from the Health and Safety Authority recommends a minimum standard of training for workplace Safety Representatives.
Safety Representation is a 2-day NISO Certified course.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for both worker and manager safety representatives and safety committee members.
- To provide an introduction to health and safety legislation;
- the key functions of safety representatives prescribed under health and safety legislation;
- workplace risk identification and control.
- Safety and health legal system
- Role and functions of the safety representative
- Communication skills for the safety representative
- Hazard identification and carrying out risk assessments
- Preparing and implementing the safety statement
- Carrying out safety and health inspections
- Accident investigation, recording and analysis
- Sources of safety and health information
- Risk-control and safety and health management at work
- Fire safety
Delivery: The course includes both theory and practical exercises.
Modular format with informal discussions, a workshop and group work.
Materials: Participants will receive a training pack which includes slide notes, text notes and the Safety Representative Resource Book
Tutors: Our instructors are well qualified and experienced: they are health and safety professionals who can teach.
We pride ourselves, since 1988, of training health and safety professionals who contribute everyday to make Irish workplaces safer.
Assessment: Learning outcomes will be assessed.
Members of NISO avail of discounts on courses
To be kept informed of our activities, you can Register Now