NISO has developed a strong reputation for organising premier health and safety events including the All Ireland Safety Awards, the Annual Safety Conference, seminars and workshops, often in collaboration with other organisations such as the HSA. NISO events help to promote a safety culture and to raise safety awareness in Irish workplaces.
- Held in early October every year, the changing themes reflect current industry issues and attract speakers of international renown;
- It is hosted by the regional committee in prestigious venues around the country.
For more information about the safety conference, please click Safety Conference.
The All Ireland Safety Awards
Run in conjunction with Northern Ireland Safety Group (NISG), the Safety Awards recognise how organisations manage health and safety at work.
- Organisations send their paper-based submissions to be reviewed by health and safety professionals during spring time;
- The winners are notified in late August or early September what class of award they have achieved;
- The winners are invited to attend the Awards Ceremony Dinner which is typically held in early October;
- The list of winners is published, after the event, in several respected publications such as The Health and Safety Review and the Sunday Business Post as well as on the NISO website and NISO Update magazine.
To find out more about the Safety Awards scheme, please visit safetyawards.ie.
Seminars and Workshops
- Seminars and workshops are held throughout the year;
- Current membership entitles the member organisation to discounted rates on seminars and workshops;
- Typically lasting a couple of hours to half a day, they are held in one or several of the regions.
For more information regarding seminars and workshops coming up near you, please click seminars.
The All Ireland Safety Quiz
- Organisations can enter teams of four players into the quiz heats organised in their region;
- Each team is entered into either the Previous Entrants category or the Novice category;
- Regional finalists in each category are invited to attend the All Ireland Safety Quiz final held in April each year.
The quiz is a fun and competitive way to develop and show off your team’s occupational health and safety knowledge.
For more information regarding the quiz, please click quiz.
If you’d like to be kept informed of NISO forthcoming activities and events by email, click on the Subscribe link below.
To help us help you make Irish workplaces safer:
Join Online Now
For more information or any enquiry, call 01 465 9760 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.