The National Irish Safety Organisation, known as NISO, is operating since 1963
Membership-based, NISO helps its members to promote and improve health and safety at work; builds relationships with other health and safety stakeholders and contributes its expertise to better occupational health and safety in Ireland.
- NISO is a not for profit charity [CHY number 5573]
- Wholly Irish
- Self-funded through membership, events and training courses, we are independent from other Health and Safety Stakeholders
- We collaborate with the Health and Safety Authority (HSA), the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU) and Ibec; each has a seat on NISO’s Executive Committee
- We organise various events including All Ireland events with the Northern Ireland Safety Group (NISG)
- NISO’s Secretariat, the administrative and training centre in Dublin, offer a range of services designed to fulfil NISO’s mission statement including providing health and safety information, developing and running courses and generally providing support to the Executive Committee and regional committeesWe
- We have teams of dedicated volunteers that organise activities in the eight regions of Ireland.
Join Now to help us help you make Irish workplaces safer.