Display Screen Equipment / Visual Display Uni Risk Assessor Training Course
The DSE-VDU Risk Assessors Course is a one-day course running from 9am to 5pm certified by NISO.
This course is currently being held online.
Click here to view dates and book online.
The DSE/VDU Assessor role is to assess the workstation of a user and to impart the knowledge required to work safely at a DSE/VDU workstation in accordance with the requirements of the 2007 General Application Regulations.
To provide the knowledge and skills necessary for the assessment of Display Screen Equipment (DSE)/ Visual Display Units (VDU) in the workplace.
After completion of the course, you will be able to
- Understand the requirements of the 2007 General Application Regulations
- Complete a DSE/VDU risk assessment with the end user
- Assist in formulating your company policy on DSE/VDU safe work practice
- Have a greater understanding of the hazards & associated risks from working with a VDU / DSE
- Assist in the prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders associated with DSE/VDU usage
Who should attend?
- Employers & self employed persons
- Health & Safety managers or consultants
- Health & Safety representatives
- Occupational health professionals
- Information Technology professionals
- Instructors in computer software programmes or courses
- Persons interested in ergonomics
- Manual handling instructors (completing the two courses provide complementary skills. Participants who complete the two courses at NISO within a calendar year receive a discount. Please email info[at]niso.ie for more details of the scheme.)
1 day from 9am to 5pm
The course is presented in a modular format and includes problem based learning and practical exercises.
At the end of the day, there is an exam that consists of multiple choice questions (MCQ) .
- Legal requirements under current Health & Safety legislation
- Hazards & Risks associated with DSE/VDU usage
- Ergonomics of computer workstations
- Practical control measures
- Environmental factors
NISO provides a training pack.
Course Certificate / Validation
Participants who have successfully completed the course will be issued with a NISO certificate.
DSE-VDU Risk Assessor Course FAQs
Q: What am I certified to do on completion of the DSE/VDU Risk Assessor Course?
A: Upon successful completion of the 1-day DSE/VDU Training Course in NISO, a learner will be certified as being competent to complete a Risk Assessment of a person’s DSE/VDU workstation in accordance with the requirements of the 2007 General Application Regulations.
These assessments are not focused on merely assessing a DSE/VDU Workstation, it is about ensuring the workstation is suitable for the person. To support the learner, a DSE/VDU template will be provided to each attendee on the course.
The learner will not be certified as being competent to training other personnel as DSE/VDU assessors.