Display Screen Equipment / Visual Display Risk Assessor Training Course
The DSE-VDU Risk Assessors Course is a one-day course running from 9am to 5pm certified by NISO.
This course is currently being held online.
Click here to view dates and book online.
The aim of this VDU Assessor course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to be able to assess Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Workstations and advise on the correct set up of workstations
The DSE/VDU Assessor role is to assess the workstation of a user and to impart the knowledge required to work safely at a DSE/VDU workstation in accordance with the requirements of the 2007 General Application Regulations.
To provide the knowledge and skills necessary for the assessment of Display Screen Equipment (DSE)/ Visual Display Units (VDU) in the workplace.
After completion of the course, you will be able to
- Identify the hazards associated with Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
- Understand the requirements of the 2007 General Application Regulations and other relevant legislation
- Have a greater understanding of the hazards & associated risks from working with a VDU / DSE
- Assist in the prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders associated with DSE/VDU usage
- Carry out a Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Workstation Assessment with the end user
- Assist in formulating your company policy on DSE/VDU safe work practice
Who should attend?
- Employers & self employed persons
- Health & Safety managers or consultants
- Health & Safety representatives
- Occupational health professionals
- Information Technology professionals
- Instructors in computer software programmes or courses
- Persons interested in ergonomics
- Manual handling instructors (completing the two courses provide complementary skills. Participants who complete the two courses at NISO within a calendar year receive a discount. Please email info[at]niso.ie for more details of the scheme.)
1 day from 9am to 5pm
The course is presented in a modular format and includes problem based learning and practical exercises.
At the end of the day, there is an exam that consists of multiple choice questions (MCQ) .
- Legal requirements under current Health & Safety legislation
- Hazards & Risks associated with DSE/VDU usage
- Ergonomics of computer workstations
- Practical control measures
- Environmental factors
- Section on home working
NISO provides a training pack.
The Health & Safety Authority require that VDU assessments are carried out for all computer users. This is outlined in the Safety Health and Welfare (General Application) Regulations: Chapter 5 of Part 2.
Course Certificate / Validation
Participants who have successfully completed the course will be issued with a NISO certificate.
DSE-VDU Risk Assessor Course FAQs
Q: What am I certified to do on completion of the DSE/VDU Risk Assessor Course?
A: Upon successful completion of the 1-day DSE/VDU Training Course in NISO, a learner will be certified as being competent to complete a Risk Assessment of a person’s DSE/VDU workstation in accordance with the requirements of the 2007 General Application Regulations.
These assessments are not focused on merely assessing a DSE/VDU Workstation, it is about ensuring the workstation is suitable for the person. To support the learner, a DSE/VDU template will be provided to each attendee on the course.
The learner will not be certified as being competent to training other personnel as DSE/VDU assessors.
Click here to book your place via NISO
Members of NISO avail of discounts on courses
To be kept informed of our activities, you can Register Now