Introduction to Health and Safety for the Non Safety Specialist
NISO Certificate course
Introduction to Health and Safety for the Non Safety Specialist is a 2-day NISO Certified course.
Workplace legislation has become increasingly complex and requires all levels of management to have a basic understanding of the issues, roles and responsibilities involved.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for non-safety specialists at all levels in organisations including: HR, purchasing, finance, facilities management, operations and maintenance department staff.
- To provide an introduction to the key duties and responsibilities prescribed under health and safety law in Ireland.
- To provide an update on more recent changes to legislation.
- Safety and Health Structure;
- Review of Health and Safety Legislation;
- Roles and responsibilities;
- The Safety Statement;
- Hazard identification, accident investigation, risk assessment and control programmes, worker training;
- Risk assessment and safety communications workshop.
Delivery: The course includes both theory and practical exercises.
Modular format with informal discussions, a workshop and group work.
Materials: Participants will receive a training pack and e-resource CD.
Tutors: Our instructors are well qualified and experienced: they are health and safety professionals who can teach.
We pride ourselves, since 1988, of training health and safety professionals who contribute everyday to make Irish workplaces safer.