Risk Assessment 5N3042
QQI Award (Minor) Level 5
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to carry out risk assessments and implement risk control measures in an office environment, operating independently while under general direction.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those with an interest in basic workplace risk assessment technique.
- To develop an understanding of the concepts associated with workplace risk assessment and associated legislation
- To recognise the factors that contribute to workplace hazards and risk to workers
- To undertake a variety of risk assessments and risk evaluations based on specific workplace hazards.
- The principles and practice of risk assessment in an office environment, to include its function as part of an overall management system, and the different types of risk assessment used.
- Hazards and risks in the workplace, to include the distinction between hazards and risks, and an appropriate method to manage each.
- The relevant sections of legislation, regulations, codes and standards governing risk assessment and management of hazards and risks in the workplace, to include the legal responsibilities of the employer and the employee and the consequences of non-compliance
- Implementation of safe systems of work to include use of equipment, task analysis and assessment of current control measures, documenting process and procedure changes and reporting systems for accidents and near misses.
- Essential safety checks in the workplace, to include, as appropriate, examination and inspection of personal protective equipment, tools, machines and other work-related equipment
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and hazard control in the workplace
- Undertake risk assessments for diverse risks in the workplace, to include documentation of risks, risk significance, controls such as safe systems of work and auditing.
Delivery: The course includes both theory and practical exercises.
Modular format with informal discussions, a workshop and group work.
Materials: Participants will receive a training pack and e-resource CD.
Tutors: Our instructors are well qualified and experienced: they are health and safety professionals who can teach.
We pride ourselves, since 1988, of training health and safety professionals who contribute everyday to make Irish workplaces safer.
Learning outcomes will be assessed. Assessment will include submission of a portfolio of work, an exam and a skill demonstration.
To access programmes leading to this award the learner should have completed a Level 4 Further Education and Training QQI Certificate or The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at L5 Upper Intermediate to Advanced. The programme is suited to the adult learner with workplace experience. Learners come from a variety of educational backgrounds and bring a wealth of experience, which they are encouraged to share, to classroom discussions and debate. The programme will be open to all office-based employees who require the skills and knowledge outlined in the risk assessment programme.
Members of NISO avail of discounts on courses
To be kept informed of our activities, you can Register Now