30 Oct Resource Book Now Available
Copies of the new Safety Representatives Resource Book are now available by collection or delivery from National Irish Safety Organisation. The Safety Representatives Resource Book, launched in April 2015, was compiled by Herbert Mulligan, editor, Health and Safety Review and produced by the Health and Safety Authority (HSA).
About the Safety Representatives Resource Book:
The Safety Representatives Resource Book provides all the information needed for a safety representative to carry out his or her role as effectively as possible. This essential resource book is a working guide for safety representatives and also supports the development of appropriate training programmes for safety representatives. It is a Resource Book to be used for education, training and reference purposes.
The book is divided into eight sections with a total of 43 chapters over 278 pages.
- Health and Safety Law (7 chapters)
- Enforcement (The HSA’s Role; Other Enforcement Agencies)
- Consultation – Safety Representatives and Safety Committees (5 chapters)
- OSH Roles (The Employer’s Role; Professional Roles)
- The Hazards of the Workplace (Asbestos; Asthma; Biological Hazards; Bullying; Chemicals & Hazardous Substances; Disease and illnesses [occupational]; Ergonomics [includes manual handling and Display Screen Equipment]; Explosive atmospheres; Falls from heights, Work at heights and Falling objects; Fire; Lone working; Slips/trips/falls on the same level; Stress; Violence, harassment and aggression; Work-related vehicle safety: in the workplace and on the road; and Work equipment/machinery.)
- Vulnerable Workers (2 chapters)
- Workplaces (Construction; Education; Healthcare; Wholesale/Retail; Industrial: Manufacturing, Mines and Quarries, Utilities; Agriculture; Hospitality; Offices.
UPDATE 3 August 2023: Hard copies of this book are no longer available but you may download the third edition (2023) below.