14 Jul NISO COVID-19 safety
COVID-19 safety measures taken by NISO
As a limited number of health and safety training courses have resumed in the NISO Training Centre, NISO has put the following safety measures into place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our learners and staff safe:
- Learners and staff advised to wash hands regularly with soap and disposable towels. Hand washing posters on display.
- Hand sanitisers provided around the building (entrance, exist and customer contact areas)
- Personal Protective Equipment (face masks and disposable gloves) available
- One way system around the building to maintain social distancing
- Training rooms – maximum of 10 learners to ensure social distancing, desks 2 metres apart
- Regular cleaning routine in place – Surfaces and objects are wiped with disinfectant regularly (desks, tables, hand rails, handles, etc..)
- Training rooms are cleaned during each break
- Individual bins for each attendee of any course are provided
- Tables and chairs in the canteen are arranged so participants are 2m apart while having their break (max of 6ppl allowed at any time)
- Use of disposable cups, forks, spoons, paper napkins etc…
- Records – NISO keeps contact logs of visitors and staff to facilitate tracing in the event of an infection
- Dedicated isolation room available in case of a suspect case of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Declaration form must be completed in advance of any training with NISO. This is to ensure that learners, tutors and staff remain safe.
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or updated in due course.