24 Feb Limited provision of safe pass
Limited Provision of Safe Pass Training for Essential Projects
SOLAS Safe Pass Training was suspended due to COVID-19 restrictions for the second time January 2021.
SOLAS has now been advised that limited resumption of Safe Pass training may take place with immediate effect to meet the needs of new workers accessing critical projects which are deemed necessary for the economic viability of the state. Training activity must be in accordance with the SOLAS Standard Operational Pandemic Containment Guidelines and SOLAS Safe Pass Code of Conducts.
In addition, SOLAS has outlined the following requirements that must be met:
- Ensure requests for Safe Pass training come from employers who can provide evidence that workers requiring training are engaged on construction projects deemed essential to the economic viability of the state.
- Ensure training is limited to those not currently holding a valid Safe Pass card and provide evidence that they are engaged on construction projects deemed essential to the economic viability of the state.
- Project and employer validation will be validated by the Construction Industry Federation
- The delivery of Safe Pass courses will be approved on a case by case basis, based on 1, 2 & 3 above.
- Safe Pass training will be delivered at designated locations.
- Approved Training Organisations (ATOs) and Safe Pass Tutors must inform SOLAS in advance of their plans to run a course and demonstrate the immediate requirement for Safe Pass training.
- Safe Pass ten (10) day course notification period will be relaxed for the first fourteen (14) days of the activation period
Safe Pass expiry
The Safe Pass card expiry date exemption remains in place throughout this period for cards which expired after 1 March 2020. Replacement Safe Pass cards will continue to be provided through online services.