26 Feb HSA "Strategy Statement 2016-18"
Health and Safety Authority launches “Strategy Statement 2016-18”
The Minister for Business and Employment, Ged Nash, T.D., launched the Health and Safety Authority’s (HSA) new Strategy Statement 2016-18 on 27 January. The new strategy focuses on ensuring that workers and those affected by work activity return home safely and that everyone is protected from the harmful effects of chemicals.
The five strategic priorities for 2016-18 are:
- Health: Increase the focus on work-related health risks.
- Safety: Maintain and develop the advances achieved in the management of work-related safety risks.
- Chemicals: Focus on the risks to human health and safety arising from chemicals used at work and by the general public.
- Accreditation: Provide an impartial, internationally recognised accreditation service, responsive to market demands through the Irish National Accreditation Board.
- How We Work: Continue to change and transform the way we work.
Launching the strategy, Minister Nash said, “We’re now in a phase of strong economic growth, businesses are rapidly expanding and new jobs are being created on a daily basis. It’s vital that we continue to prioritise the safety and health of all workers in a way that promotes business growth, aids competitiveness and protects workers. A safe and healthy workforce is an essential component of any successful enterprise.”
Martin O’Halloran, Chief Executive of the Health and Safety Authority said, “Our strategy has been developed for a period where we expect to see the continued recovery of industry sectors that were badly affected by the recession. It’s important that this recovery is not jeopardised by poor standards of workplace safety and health. We will continue to work with all our partners and stakeholders to support economic growth, meet our goals and deliver effective use of our resources.”
Click here for a breakdown of the HSA’s target number of inspections for 2016.
Click here to download the HSA’s Programme of Work 2016
Click here to download the HSA’s Strategy Statement 2016-18