18 Aug HSA Annual Report 2016
Posted at 09:02h in News
The Health and Safety Authority (HSA) has published its Annual Report and Statistics Summary for 2016 which outline its major activities, achievements and outcomes over the course of the year. Some of the key points include:
- During 2016, 46 people were killed in workplace accidents – a decline of almost 20% on the 2015 figure – and 8,381 injuries were reported to the HSA.
- There were 10,477 inspections and investigations undertaken in 2016 compared with 10,880 in 2015.
- Of these inspections, 6,397 were in the high risk farming, construction and fishing sectors, compared with 6,988 inspections across these sectors in 2015.
- There were 17 prosecutions leading to fines of €614,000 in 2016, an increase of one on 2015.
- There were 369 improvement notices compared with 489 in 2015.
- There were 413 prohibition notices compared with 488 in 2015.