20 Nov Heating Contractor cleared of manslaughter
Posted at 14:37h in News
A heating contractor has been cleared of the manslaughter of a women at a Cork hotel.
A 35-year-old woman was found dead at the Trident Hotel in Kinsale, three years ago, where she had been attending a hen party. She was overcome by carbon monoxide gas, and her sister was also found unconscious in the room they were sharing but was revived by paramedics.
Plumber Richard Davis, Ballygarvan, Co Cork, a director of David Heating and Plumbing Contractors Ltd., who had converted a gas boiler at the hotel a few days earlier, was today acquitted of manslaughter by a jury at Cork Circuit Criminal Court. He was also cleared of two breaches of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005, as was his company.