Information for All Ireland Safety Quiz Finalists
Date: 25 April 2020
Time: Quiz Registration 14:30hrs
Venue: Tullamore Court Hotel, O’Moore Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly, D35 D406
Hotel Contact Information:
Tel: 057 93 46666
Who are the Safety Quiz finalists?
Results to date
View some of the winners of the regional quizzes who will be participating in the All Ireland Health and Safety Quiz Finals as Previous Entrants or Novices.
West Region: Thermo King – Ingersoll Rand, Galway
West Region: Abbott Rapid DX International Ltd.
Quiz Final Programme
14:30 hrs Registration of quiz teams
15:00 hrs Quiz Finals [Table Quiz format]
17:00 hrs Quiz finishes & winners announced
19:30 hrs Dinner & Presentation of Prizes
No extra payment is required and quiz participants are invited to bring their partners. A limited number of supporters are also welcome at the quiz and dinner.
By participating in the quiz finals you are declaring that you satisfy the entry rules for novice or previous entrants category
Click here for participation rules
Quiz Team Constitution and Rules
- Up to four members in table quiz format.
- No safety managers, safety officers or safety consultants may participate on a team but they were welcome as coaches, managers, supporters, etc.
- NISO / NISG Committee members may not be associated with teams as contestants.
- Team members / participants may not be transferred to other teams once the competition commences at regional / NI heats except in exceptional cases with the prior approval of NISO/NISG.
- Mobile phones must be turned off or put in Airplane mode.
- All quiz books, publications, etc must not be left on the table.
- There will be no conferring with other quiz teams or supporters / audience. The adjudicators reserve the right to take action against any team they believe is not conforming with the rules up to and including expulsion from the competition.
- Each team member must remain seated during each of the rounds. Access to the bar or toilets is allowed at the end of a round when the call for answer papers is made.
- Quiz Rules are subject to change.
- Registration is at 2.30pm on the day of the competition. All quiz team members must be present and sign the registration form. Pre registration by confirming your team’s attendance is also required and can be done online here.
- The competition starts sharply at 3pm. The Quiz Master will not defer the competition on the basis that a quiz team or member is late. Any quiz team or team member may join the quiz at any stage during the competition but no assistance will or may be given for previously asked questions.
- Answer booklets and pens will be available for participants. Each quiz team will be allocated to a numbered table and this table number must be entered on the answer booklet. The name of your organisation / quiz team is not to appear on the answer paper.
Questions for the All Ireland Final
- Most of the questions will be sourced from the NISO quiz book. Some questions may be taken from a number of reliable sources.
- From 2014 on, there will be no general knowledge questions. However, some questions indirectly relating to health and safety such as locations, persons, statistical, pictorial or audio type questions, etc. may be asked.
- There will be eight rounds of questions. For novices there will be six questions per round. For previous entrants there will be eight questions per round.
- A maximum of two marks will be allocated for each correct answer. The opportunity exists for participants to obtain half marks should they correctly answer part of a question, e.g., answering one part of a two part question correctly.
- Questions will be read out by the Quiz Master and shown simultaneously on a screen. The length of time allocated to each question is at the discretion of the Quiz Master.
- The Quiz Master, at his or her discretion, may repeat a question if asked at the end of a round and before a call is made for answer papers to be collected. It may not be possible to display repeat questions on the screen.
- Quiz Rules are subject to change.
There may be an opportunity for quiz teams, at the discretion of the quiz master and/or adjudicators, to ask for a review of their results after the scores have been displayed for each round. Under no circumstance will the quiz master and adjudicators allow for a review of marks which have previously been displayed.
Note: If a review is requested, all questions and answers in the relevant round may be reviewed. Following a review, marks can be adjusted up or down.
In all cases, the decision of the adjudicators is final and no additional debate will be entertained.
Quiz Rules are subject to change.
- There will be a photographer present on the day. Photographs will be take during the competition and at the dinner during the presentation of prizes. Please ensure that the photographer is not disrupted taking pictures. Photographs will be available free of charge the week following the competition as a download from the NISO website.
- The photographer will, where possible, accommodate winners and participants in the competition but the final decision on photography rests with the organisers.
- All participants are invited to the dinner on the evening of the quiz where winners and runner-ups will receive their prizes.
- All participating teams will receive a Participation Certificate and there will be photo opportunities for all.
- We encourage all participating teams to stay for the dinner and presentation of prizes. Entertainment afterwards.
Many teams stay overnight especially on the night of the quiz. Why not stay over and interact with other quiz team members. An enjoyable night with entertainment to be had. Overnight accommodation is available on Friday and Saturday night. Contact the hotel at the number above and quote NISO / NISG Quiz for special rates.
Confirm your teams attendance
Confirm your teams attendance by clicking here