06 Aug European Safety Week 2013
European Safety Week 2013 takes place week commencing 21 October 2013.
The theme of the week which is the same as the 2012 theme [Safety Week themes operate on a two year cycle] is “Working Together for Risk Prevention”.
According to Eurostat, 5,000 people annually lose their life in the EU as a result of accidents.
The campaign focuses on:
- managing risks
- encouraging senior managers to actively engage in risk reduction
- encourage workers and their representatives to worm with managers to reduce risks
The National Irish Safety Organisation encourages you and your organisation to participate in the campaign with the following suggestions:
- Support an awareness campaign in your workplace by downloading free campaign leaflets and posters
- Access free downloads of the European campaign guide which included presentations to help you tailor talks or presentations
- If you plan any activities you would like NISO or its partners on the National Focal Point of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work, please send details to email@example.com