9 August 2021
Safe Pass tutor(s)
An opportunity has arisen for a Safe Pass tutor(s) to deliver Safe Pass training on behalf of NISO on a contractual basis. If you are registered with SOLAS for the delivery of Safe Pass, we would be interested to hear from you.
How to apply: Email: email@example.com
9 August 2021
Head of Learning and Development
Closed for applications – 25 August 2021
Permanent full time contract | Salary Negotiable | Reporting to the General Manager
Join a team within Ireland’s largest voluntary health and safety organisation dedicated to delivering learning and development programmes to its members and to the health and safety community nationally.
We are seeking someone with a track record in managing successful health, safety and welfare learning and development projects. You will establish and foster key relationships with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating leadership qualities and be accountable for the learning and business performance of NISO’s suite of existing and planned programmes.
What does your career choice involve?
- You will also provide consistent and repeatable learning experiences to NISO’s members and the wider community ensures all health and safety learning curriculums are in place to meet members’ needs and business operations.
- Ensure that health and safety learning incorporates members’ requirements, creating and adapting solutions to meet their industry needs.
- Responsible for liaising and developing health and safety programmes in conjunction with third party accreditation bodies such as QQI and third level institutions.
- Responsible for continuous development of our internal, external, public and in-house health and safety programmes to match industry needs.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of in-class observations and certifications by NISO, including monitoring of our team of trainers.
- Ensuing quality programmes are in place, monitored, reviewed and updated in line with changing requirements and meet the needs of accrediting bodies.
- Provide feedback to trainers delivering instructor-led and learner programmes and the provision of quality instruction and training for our team of trainers.
- Translate developing NISO programmes into a classroom, blended, digital self-paced / e-learning environment.
- Partner with internal teams and external bodies on the design, creation, delivery and effective measurement of innovative learning solutions relating to health and safety.
- Identify areas for improvement, work to solve problems and identify the changes required to obtain the maximum outputs for our range of programmes. Determine the range and blend of solutions that will achieve optimal performance.
- Create and sustain a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Conduct health and safety training needs analysis, identify key knowledge gaps and architect innovative learning and performance solutions that increase on-the-job performance for our members.
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders to achieve priority initiatives to a high standard of quality to include the delivery of these health and safety initiatives.
- Serve as an advocate for health and safety education training by facilitating regular audience and user research to inform programme design and determine performance outcomes.
What experience is required for the role?
- 7+ years of demonstrable experience in a heath and safety learning & development / training role within an operations setting.
- 5+ years of heath and safety training facilitation experience.
- Diploma or Degree in Health, Safety and Welfare at Work or a Degree which incorporates a significant element of health and safety.
- Masters Degree in Health Safety and Welfare at Work or related field.
- Post Masters CPD training
- Experience with policy-related health and safety training material including working with QQI and third level institutions.
- Experience in designing, implementing and delivery of high level health and safety courses, preferably at a high level on the NFQ, to include slides, notes and support documentation.
- Experience designing and delivering health and safety learning solutions for a general audience and specific industries / sectors.
- Demonstrable and proven leadership skills.
- Experience in driving health and safety learning initiatives through innovative solutions.
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience implementing health and safety learning initiatives at scale.
- Experience communicating with, influencing, and presenting to a variety of audiences, at all levels.
- The candidate should hold membership(s) of relevant professional institutions.
The use of the term “health and safety” above should be read as “Health, Safety and Welfare” and is shortened for practical reasons.
Applications: Application should be made by way of a cover letter and c.v. before 5pm, 24 August 2021 to the General Manager
How to apply:
Upload your application by clicking here
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org