29 Sep Construction Safety Week 2020
Construction Safety Week is taking place from 19 to 23 October 2020.
2020 has been a difficult year across most industries. In construction, to add to the normal complexities of managing health and safety issues, there is now the added complication of managing COVID-19. While the danger posed by this disease is always present, we must not lose sight of the dangers posed by the day to day operations of a construction site and the vigilance and planning needed to maintain safety.
Eleven people have lost their lives so far in 2020 from construction-related accidents.
Construction Safety Week is an opportunity to reflect on aspects of safety, health and overall wellbeing and to promote its importance throughout the workforce. It is recommended to review past activities and to learn from successes, failures and near misses. By sharing experiences, we may eliminate avoidable accidents, enhance worker morale and increase productivity.
Focus areas for Construction Week 2020
- Monday 19th October: Mental Health, Welfare and Wellbeing in Construction
- Tuesday 20th October: Plant and Pedestrian Safety
- Wednesday 21st October: Occupational Health in Construction
- Thursday 22nd October: Working Safely at Height
- Friday 23rd October: Emergency Preparedness
For further information and to find out how you can get involved visit: https://bit.ly/2SflytT