07 Sep Construction Safety Week 2016
Construction Safety Week is taking place this year from 12-16 September. Construction Safety Week is an initiative of the Construction Safety Partnership Advisory Committee (CSPAC).
The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) is calling on construction companies of all sizes to get involved in Construction Safety Week.
Construction Safety Week 2016 – Mission
The collective mission for Construction Safety Week 2016 is to partner together to;
- Reduce accidents on construction sites in Ireland
- Increase awareness of the importance of being committed to safety & health…every day
- Inspiring all of us to share best practices and to work together to strengthen our industry’s safety culture
- Celebrating the safety achievements to date
Construction Safety Week Launch
The launch will take place on Monday 12th September at 9.00am at the Headquarters of the Health and Safety Authority in the Joyce Room, 6th floor, Metropolitan Building, James Joyce Street, Dublin 1. Minister for Employment and Small Business Pat Breen TD will launch Construction Safety Week. The speakers at the launch will be:
Martin O’Halloran; Health and Safety Authority<
Michael Stone; Construction Industry Federation<
Pat Kenny; Communications Workers’ Union<
Dr Mark Delargy; National Rehabilitation Hospital
Minister Pat Breen TD
The Safety Week Schedule is as follows:
How to get involved:
- Organise a safety event during this week – e.g. a safety talk , invite one of your suppliers in ( ladders / MEWPs / PPE etc.) to give a talk on safety and their product – anything that will highlight safety and health during this week.
- Tell CIF about it! You can contact CIF about what you intend to do and they will publicise it in the “Safety Week Activities” section of the website.
- Request a copy of the “Partner logo” and use it on your website.
- Send us your logo so we can include it on the partner section of this website.
Workshops: Safe Working at Height
National Irish Safety Organisation is participating in Construction Safety Week by hosting two Safe Working at Height workshops in Galway and Dublin during this week.
Dates: 12 September / 14 September
Time: 14:30 hrs – 16:30 hrs
Venues: Oranmore Lodge Hotel, Oranmore, Co Galway [12 September 2016] / NISO Training Centre, Ballymount, Dublin 12 [14 September 2016]
Fee: EUR0 – EUR60 [NISO Vouchers accepted as per terms and conditions]
Discounts for NISO members