Click here to be brought to the dedicated SafetyAwards.ie website
Annual Occupational Safety Awards Run in conjunction with Northern Ireland Safety Group (NISG), the Awards recognise how organisations manage health and safety at work. The many entrants that participate in the Awards, including large numbers of repeat entrants, is testament to the quality of the process, the high regard that the awards command and the value it brings. More details can be found at safetyawards.ie.
Why participate in this scheme?
- It’s a way to audit your Health and Safety Management Systems;
- You can find out how well your organisation performs against other organisations within their industry or within Ireland;
- To raise the profile of Health and Safety within your organisation or within Ireland;
- The results have been published in the Sunday Business Post and other respected publications such as the Health and Safety Review;
- The results are published on NISO website after the Awards Ceremony Dinner.
- Around January, organisations can attend a free workshop to find out how to complete the paper-based submission and what the adjudicators are looking for;
- Organisations send during spring time their paper-based submissions to be reviewed by health and safety professionals;
- The winners are notified in late August, early September if they have won an award and what class of award they have achieved;
- The winners are invited to attend, typically the first or second Friday of October, the Awards Ceremony Dinner to receive their award;
- The list of winners is published, after the event, in several respected publications as well on NISO website.
To find out more about the Safety Awards scheme, please visit safetyawards.ie. To register your interest for next year, send an email to: NISO at firstname.lastname@example.org for organisations based in Ireland or to Northern Ireland Safety Group (NISG) at email@example.com when your organisation is based in Northern Ireland.