The National Irish Safety Organisation, known as NISO, is operating since 1963
Membership-based, NISO helps its members to promote and improve health and safety at work, builds relationships with other health and safety stakeholders, contributes its expertise to better occupational health and safety in Ireland.
- NISO is a not for profit charity CHY number 5573
- Wholly Irish
- Self-funded through membership, events and training courses, we are independent from other Health and Safety Stakeholders
- We collaborate with the Health and Safety Authority (HSA), the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU) and The IBEC; each has a seat on NISO’s Executive Committee
- We organise various events including All Ireland events with the Northern Ireland Safety Group (NISG)
- NISO’s Secretariat, the administrative and training centre in Dublin, offers a range of services designed to fulfill NISO’s mission statement including providing health and safety information, developing and running courses, and generally providing support to the Executive Board and regional committees
- We have teams of dedicated volunteers that organise activities in the 8 regions of Ireland.
Join Now to help us help you make Irish workplaces safer